Friday, October 26, 2012

Polka Dotty Monster - Flannel Friday

I'm sneaking in my adorable Polka Dotty Monster for this Flannel Friday. This is actually a sneak preview of my Monster Mash storytime activity that I'm doing this coming Monday.

About a year ago I fell in love with the felt monsters that Jen shared on her blog Nifty Thrifty & Thriving (the pictures of which were pinned on a Flannel Friday Pinterest board), and new that my next Halloween program was going to revolve around monsters just so that I could make one! It was tough decision on which one to go for, but I'm a sucker for smiley creatures!

So far there is no rhyme attached to little fellow-who-deserves-a-name. All the children will have to do is decorate him with his polka dots, extra eyes and teeth to make a not-so-scary monster. The toddlers will love it!

Polka Dotty Monster waiting to be decorated.

My fellow Children's Librarian said that all he had needed was a pair of overalls and goggles and he could become a Despicable Me minion! Even he could have his very own Halloween costume! I'm curious to see how many children will see the similarity on Monday.


Ooooh,  not-so-scary Polka Dotty Monster! 


If anyone has an idea for a rhyme or a song to recite during our fun monster decorating, please share it with me in the comments below!

This week Flannel Friday round-up is hosted by Lisa on her blog Libraryland. To learn more about Flannel Friday and ways to get involved, please visit the official Flannel Friday blog!


7 comments:

  1. I'm a little monster yellow and bright,
    I won't give anyone a fright.
    I love polka dots but I have none
    So step right up and give me one!

    Or you could change the last line if you want a specific color to:
    So please bring me a purple one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable. I jumped up and made me one too!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Sarah for providing the rhyme for my flannel board. I used it for my storytime, and it was a huge hit! All in all, the toddlers and preschoolers loved this flannel board! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, to all you ladies for the compliments! He has certianly become a new favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited that I found this! I think I will be trying it with the child's name!

    "I'm a little monster yellow and bright,
    I won't give anyone a fright.
    I love polka dots but I have none
    So (Child's name) step right up and give me one!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! My little ones love this activity, and the song/rhyme is uber cute!I just might have to use him for my upcoming Halloween storytime again! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting, WP-CC! Please leave a comment!